New Edition recently published!
Time Zones, Second Edition is a four-skills program designed to teach young adults how to use English effectively, developing them into successful global citizens. It features:
- Engaging real-world content that brings National Geographic Explorers and 21st century topics into the classroom.
- A communicative approach that offers students the opportunity to learn about and critically discuss global issues.
- National Geographic video in every unit, introducing amazing places, culture, and information from around the world.
- An all-new Starter level, introducing students to the essential English language skills and vocabulary necessary for true beginners.
For more information and to download sample units click here.
21st Century Reading was created through a partnership between TED, a nonprofit dedicated to spreading ideas through short, powerful talks and National Geographic Learning. 21st Century Reading provides the ideal forum for learners of English to make connections with topics ranging from science to business to global issues. Using TED Talks as the springboard to share ideas, this new four-level reading series shows learners how to understand and respond to ideas and content in English.
- Featuring extraordinary stories presented by inspiring thinkers and doers, TED Talks ignite curiosity and introduce learners to ideas which can change the world.
- TED Talks use authentic language, delivered by experts in their field, providing learners with models of English that are real and relevant to their academic studies.
- Critical and Creative Thinking skills – including analysis, evaluation, synthesis, reflection, inference, and problem-solving – are fully integrated into every unit, to help learners develop academic skills.
- Scaffolded reading and vocabulary tasks guide learners to a better understanding of the key ideas, skills, and language.
For more information CLICK HERE.
Featuring content from National Geographic and TED, the new edition of the four-level, integrated skills World English series brings the most amazing stories about our planet and compelling ideas from around the world to the classroom. Riveting images, fascinating topics, and inspiring video from remarkable thinkers and doers will motivate learners to engage with ideas and each other. The second edition of World English builds upon an effective competency-based approach to provide 21st century learners with the English skills needed for success as they seek a deeper understanding of the world.
- NEW TED readings and TED Talks along with updated content and video from National Geographic will provide a springboard for learners to share ideas in English.
- NEW communication-building pages in each unit provide expanded writing opportunities and communicative activities that encourage learners to personalize the unit theme.
- Updated goals on every two-page spread highlight measurable outcomes and provide accessible navigation for teachers and learners.
- Updated technology for teachers and learners supports every step of the teaching and learning process from in-class instruction, to independent practice, to assessment!
CLICK HERE for more information.
Congratulations to Dr. Joan Kang Shin and the Our World team! Explore Our World wins Best In Category at the 2015 New England Book Show.
Explore Our World is a 6 level course for young learners of English. Packed with fascinating National Geographic content and beautifully illustrated with stunning photography, Explore Our World will motivate your students to learn English.
National Geographic Learning is proud to announce a new partnership with TED in English Language Learning, helping us to provide authentic, compelling materials to the classroom. Alongside rich, National Geographic resources and one-of-a-kind instructional support, powerful TED content and TED Talk videos provide a meaningful springboard for learners to share opinions in English.
National Geographic Learning Japan is thrilled to be hosting a visit by Dr. Joan Kang Shin. Dr. Shin had a hugely successful visit to Japan last September and presented to a packed venue of teachers. She is co-editor of the award-winning Our World series for young learners.
She is also co-author of the award winning Teaching Young Learners English.
Effective English Teaching
On Monday November 23rd 2015, Dr. Shin will be presenting with Mayumi Tabuchi at Sola City Conference Center, Ochanomizu, Tokyo. This will be an enjoyable and educational event looking at up to date teaching practices and theory for young learners. Details in Japanese and English via link below.
Please note that seat are limited and registration will close once capacity is reached.
Check out the videos below about Explore Our World!